With Tiago Ilori attending Bordeaux's 4-1 victory over Monaco on Sunday and word earlier today that a deal was nearly completed, it comes as no surprise to learn this afternoon that the Portuguese defender has today finalised his loan move to the Ligue 1 side.
Ilori joined Liverpool last summer for a fee reported to be around £8M including all potential add-ons. He made no senior appearances for the club after his arrival before heading to Granada in January, where he made nine appearances as part of a successful loan spell.
With Liverpool's depth chart at centre half rather clogged ahead of him and it unlikely the 21-year-old would see significant action if he stuck it out at Anfield this season, a loan seems like the best possible option for the youngster.
Ilori will be expected to be in contention for starting minutes this season at Bordeaux. Those interested in keeping track of Liverpool's youngsters in Ligue 1 will want to mark November 28th on their calendars, when Ilori and Bordeaux take on Divock Origi and Lille.
- Sturridge Focused on Result After Difficult Opener
- Lambert Lauds Mignolet's "Best Save I've Ever Seen"
- Liverpool 2, Southampton 1: Lights, Camera, Action! Sterling Sublime In Season Premiere
- The Week in Comments: "Someone has a bit of a Manqrush ... "
- Rodgers Highlights Ability to Change in "Great Win" Over Southampton