Martin Kelly is gone, and both Kolo Toure and Sebastian Coates have been strongly linked with moves out of Anfield, with Toure reportedly turning down a Trabzonspor move and Coates being chased by Sampdoria as Liverpool look to thin out an over-stocked defence before the close of the transfer window.
Another on the list of defensive players many consider prime candidates to leave over the next few weeks will be 21-year-old centre half Tiago Ilori, though unlike in the cases of Kelly, Toure, and Coates, in his case it is believed he will be leaving on a loan. And his destination seems almost certain to be Bordeaux.
Last night, Ilori was spotted in France, where he attended the Ligue 1 side's 4-1 victory over Monaco. By some reports, the deal is all but officially concluded, and Ilori's loan move could be finalised as soon as today. Given Liverpool's defensive depth and Ilori's need for regular playing time, it seems an ideal move for all involved.
- Lambert Lauds Mignolet's "Best Save I've Ever Seen"
- The Week in Comments: "Someone has a bit of a Manqrush ... "
- Liverpool 2, Southampton 1: Lights, Camera, Action! Sterling Sublime In Season Premiere
- Rodgers Highlights Ability to Change in "Great Win" Over Southampton
- Official: Liverpool Confirm Alberto Moreno Signing