Against Preston on Saturday afternoon we saw Andre Wisdom feature on the left side of central defense alongside Martin Skrtel, which represented a departure from the fullback role he played against Brondby midweek and for most of last season on loan with Derby County. Now the 21-year-old is reportedly set for another change, as Brendan Rodgers today confirmed in his post-match comments that Wisdom will be headed to West Bromwich Albion for the duration of the 2014-2015 season.
It's not a surprising move--last week we talked about reports that the move was coming, and it makes as much sense now as it did when it was only hypothetical. Having excelled in the Championship last season, a move to the next level was the natural progression, and West Brom should be able to accommodate the player's needs. It'll be interesting to see where he spends his time after playing both centrally and as a fullback in the past few days; it seems as though Rodgers is uncertain which suits him best, and ideally this move will help provide some clarity.
Good luck to him on loan, and, as always, let's hope it works out for all involved.
- Preston 1, Liverpool 2: Second-Half Goals Earn Victory
- Liverpool and QPR Agree £8m Fee for Loic Remy
- Agger Looking Forward to Champions League with Liverpool, Has Not Sold Family Home
- Report: Liverpool Prepared To Trigger Loic Remy Release Clause
- Liverpool Agree Fee with Sunderland for Sale of Fabio Borini