Liverpool goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has been sent back to Liverpool early from his loan stint with Swindon Town after the he decided to pay a fine with nothing but pennies.
According to The Daily Mail, the 21-year-old, who was signed from Spurs last year, was fined £50 for showing up late to training last week. No big deal, right? We all have those days where we're running late. Except that apparently Vigouroux took exception to the fine and decided to pay the entire thing with pennies in an attempt to make some kind of a petty point. Yes, you read that correctly. He gave them £50. In pennies.
Put another way, that's 5,000 pennies.
The League One side did not take kindly to the gesture and decided to end the keeper's loan spell with the club and send him back to Liverpool. This will surely go down as one of the most bizarre endings to a loan move ever.
No word on what Swindon Town actually did with all those pennies. Hopefully took them to Coinstar.
A penny for Brendan Rodgers thoughts right about now?
- In Danny Ings, Liverpool May Have Found Their New Hard-Working Cult Hero
- Rodgers Has Earned His Sacking “Frenzy” and Has Little Time to Put Things Right
- Watch: Lucas Leiva vs. Aston Villa
- Lucas Remains Beam of Bright Shining Light, Says Team is United Behind Rodgers
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: PSG Want Jordan Henderson