Welsh winger Harry Wilson continues to be linked with an exit from Anfield, as the domestic transfer window remains open until Friday. Swansea were previously thought to be leading the race for the attacker, but now The Athletic’s Stuart James has said that the Swans’ loan proposal has been rejected, and was said to be a “non-starter” for the club from a financial point of view.
It’s mentioned that Derby are now considered the favourites, though it doesn’t seem like that’s going to mean anything. It’s clear that Liverpool want to move him, and would prefer for it not to be another loan move. Considering that Burnley had a reported bid of £12 million turned down earlier in the window, it’d likely take a bid slightly higher than that, and close to the £20 million valuation Liverpool have placed upon him to seal the deal. Whichever club, whether it’s Burnley, Swansea, or Derby, that stumps up the money will add the dead-ball specialist to their squad for the rest of their campaign.