Liverpool's alleged pursuit of Barcelona winger Pedro has spanned multiple years and has generally not appeared to be very serious. He's a talented player who is suited to a fluid style of play, and his lack of playing time over the past few seasons has led to an abundance of transfer rumors. Yet he remains at Barcelona and just recently signed a new contract to extend his stay at the club.
But the rumor mongers are not put off by the contract extension and won't be satisfied until they see Pedro at Anfield! The latest report (from the Echo) is that Liverpool have contacted Pedro's agent to convince him to move to the club. However, the report notes that PSG are the frontrunners for his signature, while Arsenal are believed to be willing to spend more for the player than Liverpool.
What this all amounts to is what this kind of talk always amounts to when it comes to Pedro: we all acknowledge that he's a nice player who would probably succeed at Anfield but will never realistically play for the club. He's the Spanish Arda Turan in that regard, and it's best not to believe in any rumor that he's involved in until a move is made official.
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: Eased FFP Restrictions Mean Manchester City Can Bid £50M for Sterling
- Henderson Eager to Get Back Into the Action with Pre-Season About to Begin
- Transfer Scouting: Christian Benteke
- Former Liverpool Doctor Zaf Iqbal Explains Anfield Departure
- Liverpool Continue Youth Recruitment Drive with Internacional's Allan