Last summer, Liverpool shelled out around £12 million to purchase Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno. Moreno went on to have a solid (albeit inconsistent) opening season at Anfield, and did enough to convince many that he will be Liverpool's first choice left back for years to come.
But out of nowhere, Calciomercato has reported that Roma are quite interested in Liverpool's 23-year-old fullback. With not much left back depth in the team already, would Liverpool really entertain offers for Moreno? The answer to that is pretty clearly no, and this rumor should be laughed off accordingly.
Reading deeper into the report, the comedy of the whole thing emerges. Roma are only interested in buying Moreno for £8 million according to the report, which is significantly less than Liverpool paid for him just a year ago. Further, Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini apparently jetted in to England to conclude a deal. Ian Ayre is currently in Australia.
So smile, move along, and enjoy the rest of your weekend knowing that Alberto Moreno isn't going anywhere.
- Liverpool, Aston Villa Agree Payment Structure for Benteke Deal
- Sakho Speaks of "Close" Relationship with Supporters, Holds Title of World's Greatest Human
- Rodgers Encouraged by Squad Depth Ahead of Busy 2015-2016 Season
- Lallana Looking to Impress After Difficult First Season at Liverpool
- Sterling Disappointed in Manner of Liverpool Exit, Probably Not the Only One