The FA released the 2016/17 Premier League schedule just three weeks ago, but that fixture list already needs revisions to accommodate fixture swaps and lucrative TV deals, especially for clashes between Big Name teams (and Liverpool is certainly one of those). The changes to Liverpool's schedule are as follows:
- Liverpool will have to wait an additional, agonizing day for the season to start, as their trip to London to take on Arsenal has been moved to August 14 at 4 PM BST/11 AM EST.
- As previously reported, Liverpool and Burnley have swapped home fixtures (August 20 and March 12), to allow for more time to finish work on the Main Stand at Anfield.
- Their next trip to London--this time to face Tottenham--has been moved to a 12:30 PM BST/7:30 AM EST kickoff.
- Reigning champs Leicester city will still come to Merseyside on September 10, but the kickoff has been moved back to 5:30 PM BST/12:30 PM EST.
- Another London club, another revised fixture date: the showdown with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will be a rare Friday night affair, kicking off on September 16, 8 PM BST/3 PM EST.
- Liverpool's trip to newly-promoted Middlesbrough has been pushed back a day to Wednesday, December 14, at 7:45 PM GMT/2:45 PM EST.
- The same is true for the trip to West Brom, now taking place Sunday, April 16, 3 PM BST/10 AM EST.