21-year-old Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart was sent out on loan to Swindon to improve his game in a competitive environment, but the move has been cut short after Stewart suffered a medial ligament injury, according to the Echo. He is set to miss at least six weeks of action, and the two clubs will meet to discuss what to do with him after he returns to full fitness.
"We'll see. We'll have a chat with Liverpool and see what they want to do. Brendan was here today so we'll see what they want to do," said Swindon manager Mark Cooper.
Stewart is back in Liverpool to have his health assessed by the club's medical staff, and more information on the nature of his injury should emerge in the coming week.
Swindon are hopeful that Stewart can make an eventual return to their club, as he's been useful for them.
"He's a good player, Kev. He can play in a lot of positions, so we'll have to make do," said Cooper.
- Benteke Working With Mental Health Coach to Ease Liverpool Transition
- Coutinho, Liverpool Snubbed in FIFA 16 Ratings
- Liverpool’s September Internationals: Preview, Streaming, and Ways to Watch England vs. Switzerland and Scotland vs. Germany
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumors: Cheryshev Scuppered Moreno Move?
- Nathaniel Clyne: I'm Here to Cement My Place in England Side