In the land of transfers, it may not be the biggest news item. A final formality to tell the world that, yes, really, this player is joining the club and if you’d like you can go buy a shirt with his number on it in the club store. Still, for Liverpool fans who have spent the last month pinching themselves over the signing of Roberto Firmino, it’s a nice formality to get sorted away.
Firmino, the club have confirmed, will be wearing the number 11 for Liverpool. If you’ve been holding out before buying a new bit of kit with his name on it, then, now’s your chance to get it sorted. Meanwhile, though he already put in 45 minutes against the Thai All Stars yesterday, there is only now confirmation of Nathaniel Clyne’s new number. It is, as everyone expected, two.
Divock Origi has also had his shirt number confirmed and will wear the 27, while Joe Gomez will wear 12 and Adam Bogdan will back up Simon Mignolet while wearing the number 34. That James Milner would wear seven with Liverpool and Danny Ings 28 was previously confirmed.
- Liverpool's Global Community: You'll Never Walk Alone
- Official: Raheem Sterling Completes Manchester City Transfer
- Lucas: Sterling Transfer Won't Be a Distraction Like Suarez's Departure
- Thai All Stars 0, Liverpool 4: Reds off to an Encouraging Start
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: Reds Linked to Chilean Destroyer