As Liverpool players return to training to prepare for their pre-season tour, it's finally time to bury last season's disappointment and look ahead to a brand new campaign. It's also time to examine emerging storylines from the players who actually belong to the club.
The Echo reports that 22-year-old prospect Joao Teixeira returned to training today after making a quick recovery from a broken leg that he suffered in April when playing on loan for Brighton. Teixeira was phenomenal for Brighton until his injury, and hopefully he can get back on track in the coming season. The Echo speculates that he will take part in Liverpool's pre-season tour, which departs on Sunday.
Mario Balotelli returned to training after the recent death of his adoptive father. Like Teixeira, he will look to impress during the pre-season and convince management that he deserves a role in the team.
Finally, the Echo made sure to report that Joe Allen "has decided to continue with the bearded look." Now you know.
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: Reds Battle Arsenal, Manchester United, and PSG for Spanish Star
- Milner Eager to Play in Front of "Silly O’Clock" Supporters
- Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: Rafa Ready to Sell Illarramendi to Reds
- Sterling Sick Strike Continues
- Know Your Premier League Enemies: (North) London Calling