Liverpool 3 Mane 7’, Salah 69’ , Firmino 90’
- Pre-Match: All the excitement of the week has built up to this - the matchup with Bournemouth of course. This match is marking the 29th anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster, with an observed moment of silence before kick off and all players and staff wearing black armbands for the 96 Liverpool fans killed.
- A tempered start from the Reds, getting into the trouble areas for Bournemouth easily.
- GOAL! Sadio Mane catching his own deflection after a ping from Jordan Henderson, putting the Reds up at 7 minutes in!
- Nathan Ake takes down Alex Oclade-Chamberlain in a great place for a free kick - Trent Alexander Arnold takes it bravely but its kept out by Bournemouth’s ‘keeper.
- I’m pretty sure this game has Liverpool was 1000% possession. Bournemouth couldn’t take the ball off them if they tried - and they’re not trying.
- I’m biased obviously but Hendo, man. When he’s on, he’s ON IT. His passes today have been Stevie-esque and gorgeous.
- ALMOST! Andy Robertson and Mo Salah both go close but Salah goes too high and Robbo too direct.
- Liverpool taking shot after shot after shot, trying to get a second before the half runs out.
- Ake out here looking like he needs a Capri Sun and some orange slices after half an hour of dealing with our attack.
- Halftime: THIS TEAM. They’re out here doing the work to maintain their lead. Bournemouth are slowly finding their legs, but Liverpool are pouncing every chance they get.
- WE’RE BACK! And Jordon Ibe falls for a weak challenge, earning Chambo a yellow card. No Ibeee hugs today I guess.
- Secong half a little more subdued, but Liverpool are clearly controlling the game still.
- GOAL! After a couple missed attempts earlier in the half, Mohamed Salah finally gets his with a goofy header behind Nathan Ake, putting his total at 40 for the season!
- There’s just a whole lot of Liverpool moving the ball around Bournemouth in this half.
- UNLUCKY! Bobby Firmino makes an incredible run and is ultimately unable to capitalize on it after getting into the box.
- Liverpool make their first change of the day 75 minutes in, with James Milner coming on for Sadio Mane.
- This kind of performancen is almost..... dare I say it, routine, now?? I wouldn’t say its expected but its definitely not surprising anymore.
- WHAT A SAVE! Karius saving our bacon with an incredible dive to get keep Bournemouth out of the game.
- Liverpool losing their legs a little in these last ten minutes.
- SQUISHY TRYING TO GET HIS GOAL AND HE’S TRYING SO HARD.
- GOAL! BOBBY MAKES IT THREE by nutmegging a poor Bournemouth player and pirouetting into a finish like the legend he is.
- Final Whistle: WE’RE NEVER GONNA STOP. A clean sheet, 40 for Salah, and three points at Anfield. Allez, allez, al-fucking-lez.
We’ll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today’s game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven’t already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we’ll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.