Liverpool 5 Salah 3’, 43’ , 76’, 85’, Firmino 48’ Watford 0
- PRE-MATCH: About what was expected from Klopp, with Lovren making way for Matip and Henderson and Wijnaldum rejoining the midfield.
- GOAL!! 3’ Salah - That’s number 25 in the league for Salah. He twists and turns the defender in the box and scores in the opening minutes.
- Moments later, Salah nearly gets a second, but the pass from Henderson is just a touch too heavy and the goalkeeper gets there first.
- If Mo doesn’t score another goal in this game, it will be one of history’s greatest injustices.
- It’s been mostly Liverpool since the opening goal, but they haven’t been able to capitalize on it yet.
- 27’ - Klopp forced into a first half substitution as Emre Can comes off with a knock and heads directly down the tunnel, replaced by James Milner. There was almost no consultation there, he went down and hobbled off the pitch within a minute.
- Nervy couple of minutes from Liverpool as they allow Watford to begin coming into the game a bit. How about we made score another one, just to be safe, eh, boys?
- Watford get their first shot on target in the 35th minute, a header easily dealt with by Karius. But still. Let’s score again. Come on.
- Oof, nearly there for Firmino on the counter. Salah plays it into him with a great, sliding pass. Firmino takes a crack at it, but it’s saved by the keeper.
- GOAL!!! 43’ Salah - Another one for Salah, who is in the right place for a tap-in. Credit goes to Robertson there for the lovely cross in from the wing that perfectly finds Salah. Wonderful, wonderful. Do me one more, Salah.
- HALFTIME THOUGHT: Just heart-eyes emojis for Mo Salah, basically. Gimme my first Salah Liverpool hat trick, universe. Let today be the day.
- GOAL!!! 48’ Firmino - Wow, wow, Salah and Firmino link up for a snowy third goal. Salah keeps a ball alive at the edge of the 18 yard box, bombs forward, and gets the ball into Firmino right in front of the goal, who backheels it in with typical Firmino cheekiness. Dark horse contender for goal of the season for me, that.
- Wijnaldum is taken off for Oxlade-Chamberlain as the world waits with bated breath to see if Salah can get a hat trick. Or maybe that’s just me.
- GOAAAALALALLLAALALALALLLLLLL!!!! 76’ SALAH!!! He did it! The universe has given me this moment! Salah somehow gets between and under and around like four different defenders to sneak in his third of the night past the keeper and into the corner. OMG. What a player. What a damn legend. 27 goals in the league, 35 in all comps. Omg omg omg
- Ings nearly gets his chance in the 82nd minute, but the keeper gets a hand on it to deny him.
- GOALLLLLL! 85’ SALAH - Four! Four! Four goals for Mo Salah, who puts himself in the right place to tap in a rebound from Danny Ings’s attempt on goal. FOUR. FOUR GOALS tonight. 28 goals in the league. 36 in all comps.
- FINAL: Salah, Salah, Salah, Salah, Salah, Salah, Salah
We’ll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today’s game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven’t already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we’ll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.