Liverpool 4 Can 29’, Salah 50’ Firmino 55’, Mané 76’ West Ham 1 Antonio 58’
- PRE-MATCH: Looks to be a sunny day at Anfield. Henderson returns to the bench and Gini is out sick, so it’s Can, Milner, and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the midfield supporting the usual front three.
- CLOSE! Salah goes so, so close in the opening two minutes, when Firmino sets up Liverpool’s main man, who beats the keeper but then is unlucky to hit the far post. More of this, please, but let’s get them in this time.
- It’s been all Liverpool in the first ten minutes, but they haven’t been able to get one into the back of the net. Salah has come close twice.
- Yikes, Arnautovic comes very close, catching Karius off-guard and hitting the crossbar. Karius did well to recover there and tip the ball onto the bar. Still, they very nearly nicked one, and that has appeared to wake up West Ham, who are starting to come into this game.
- GOAL! 29’-Can- The midfielder scores Liverpool’s 100th goal of the season with a header from a well-earned corner after the Reds spent the last several minutes turning the screw.
- Liverpool look like they’re really feeling it now. They’re pushing forward, and again it’s Salah who is nearly in. It would be a shame if he didn’t get one in this game.
- HALFTIME: Liverpool dominated much of that first half, but they only have one goal to show for it. It’ll be interesting to see if Milner returns for the second half after getting battered for 45 minutes. There’s still Henderson on the bench to bring on.
- GOAL! 50’- Salah - He’s done it! 31 goals on the season for Salah, who makes a lovely slaloming run from Salah in the box, nutmegs the defender and scores.
- Adrian makes a good save when Firmino tees up Mané, who can’t find a way through.
- GOAL! 55’ - Firmino - Firmino does it himself instead, taking advantage of Adrian coming off his life to tap the ball home. That’s his tenth in the league this season and 22nd in all comps. Now let’s get Mané his goal and we’ll have the full set.
- goal - 58’ - Antonio - The substitute gets an instant goal on a break away and the Hammers got one back. This has been a bonkers last ten minutes.
- Liverpool has had a few chances since the West Ham goal, but they haven’t been able to make it four.
- GOAL! - 65’ - Mané - We get the whole set with Mané finally getting his goal after a few very near misses, thanks to an excellent assist from Robertson on the break. Liverpool have now equaled the score of their last game against West Ham. David Moyes’s Anfield nightmare continues.
- FINAL: A great, convincing victory by a strong Liverpool side. Firmino, Salah, and Mané each get another goal to add to their tallies, and the glorious Reds are second.
We’ll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today’s game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven’t already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we’ll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.