Bournemouth 0 - 4 Liverpool
Liverpool: Salah 26’, 47’, 76’, Cook 67’ (OG)
- PRE-MATCH: Captain Milner makes his 500th appearance playing as full-back. In the middle, we get to see a trio of Shaqiri, Keïta, and Fabinho play together for the first time.
- Liverpool have looked bright in the first 20 minutes. The Reds have ratcheted up the high press.
- After a strong start, it’s Bournemouth who get the best chance so far. Alisson gets forced into a diving save at his near corner to keep it out.
- GOALLLLLLL! Salah 26’ - Liverpool get lucky when Salah scores a likely offside goal, slotting home the rebound of Firmino’s blocked shot.
- Bournemouth have started to come into the game in the last six or seven minutes of the first half. Liverpool look like they’re just holding on until halftime.
- HALFTIME: They made it through, and all it took was a mammoth header from Alisson to ward off a wayward pass from James Milner. Why the captain chose to pass the ball to the other wing that close to his own goal with the wing whipping the way it was. Luckily, thanks to his giant, pink goalkeeper, his mistake isn’t punished.
- GOALLLLL! Salah 47’ — I’d barely unmuted by television when Salah produced a brilliant solo goal, getting the ball outside of the 18 yard box before slipping and sliding around the Bournemouth defense, shaking off a clip to the heels and slotting it into Begovic’s far corner.
- It’s wet and miserable in Bournemouth, but Liverpool are still doing the business they need to get the job done so far.
- Keïta and Shaqiri are off for Lallana and Mane.
- GOALLLLL! Cook (OG) 67’ — Mané’s presence has an immediate impact. Andy Robertson gets the ball on the wing from Salah and fizzes it into the box, where Mané’s danger causes Cook to nod it past his own keeper in a panic.
- GOALLLL!!!! Salah 76’ — HAT TRICK!! That is the second truly brilliant goal from Salah today. He beats the keeper twice to shimmy his way into position, taking almost too much time to set up the goal before finally getting his shot off.
- Human punching bag Adam Lallana gets quite the knock, bleeding from his head like a victim in a horror movie.
- FINAL THOUGHT: Enjoy your morning, friends. For the moment anyway, Liverpool are top of the league.
We’ll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today’s game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven’t already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we’ll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.