With Liverpool’s fixture list quite heavy in September, the International Break has provided a bit of a reprieve for a few of the players. And even fans who bemoan the presence of a break from club competition can at least appreciate the space that allows exhausted or currently mending players to get respite and treatment without costing them a league or cup match. This is a moment, then, to take a breath. And considering how stacked Liverpool’s calendar will be headed into the festive season - as is the design of the Premier League - that breath will be much needed
Looking forward, though, that busy December calendar for our Reds looks to have undergone a bit of a shuffle. The team today released updated information for the December round of matches, now that the TV schedule has been set.
Of Liverpool’s Premier League fixtures, a whopping seven have been amended in response to the TV schedule. As it stands, that actually means nearly all of Liverpool’s December fixtures will have gone through a change; Liverpool have eight fixtures in December, the non-league match being a mid-month Champions League match with Napoli. It appears also that the changes indicate that of Liverpool’s seven league matches, five have been selected for broadcast, which is a boon for the fans. The two league matches that were left off of the TV schedule are the fixtures against Burnley and, sadly for Rafa Benitez aficionados, Newcastle.
Below, you can see the list of specific fixtures changed or click here for the most updated list of all fixtures:
- Liverpool v Everton: Now Sunday December 2, kick-off 4.15pm. Live on Sky Sports.
- Burnley v Liverpool: Now Wednesday December 5, kick-off 7.45pm.
- Bournemouth v Liverpool: Now Saturday December 8, kick-off 12.30pm. Live on Sky Sports.
- Liverpool v Manchester United: Now Sunday December 16, kick-off 4pm. Live on Sky Sports.
- Wolves v Liverpool: Now Friday December 21, kick-off 8pm. Live on Sky Sports.
- Liverpool v Arsenal: Now Saturday December 29, kick-off 5.30pm. Live on BT Sport.
- Manchester City v Liverpool: Now Thursday January 3, kick-off 8pm. Live on Sky Sports.