Burnley 2 Vokes 2', Gray 37'
- Pre-match: Unsurprisingly, James Milner has taken Alberto Moreno's place at left-back. It's good to see Daniel Sturridge back in action as well, though it's a shame that it's because of an injury to Sadio Mane.
- GOAL (Vokes 2') Before I could even settle in with my coffee, Liverpool's wobbly back line gave up a cheap goal to gift Burnley the perfect start to the match.
- Liverpool began the first ten minutes of this match in the same way that they did against Arsenal last Sunday, which is to say not great.
- Liverpool have settled into this game, though not after conceding a stupid goal. They've got most of the possession and have put together some good attacks. Hopefully they can make something of this pressure.
- GOAL (Gray 37') Utterly horrendous from Liverpool. Burnley builds the world's slowest counterattack after 30 straight minutes of Liverpool possession, and Gray puts it past Mignolet. Our defense is embarrassing. Burnley have now scored two goals in their only two attempts. Welcome back, guys.
- Halftime: Liverpool have got it all to do in the second half, but they still have some tricks up their sleeves with Can and Origi on the bench.
- It's funny listening to the commentators talk about Burnley player Mee: "Last touch came off Mee." "Vokes passes it to Mee." Gotta take the joy where I can get it in this game.
- So far, the second half is going much the same way as the first half. Lots of Liverpool pressure, zero result. Origi is on in the 64st minute in place of Sturridge, who still looked to be shaking off the rust. Still no Emre Can.
- Alberto Moreno comes on to change the narrative from last week and heroically save this match in the last fifteen minutes. I'm assuming.
- Nope, never mind.
- Fulltime: That was a frustrating 90 minutes of Liverpool not being able to break through Burnley's disciplined defense. Liverpool have got to find a way to get results in these kinds of matches or this season is going to be very long indeed.
We'll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today's game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven't already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we'll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.