Can’t imagine I’ll need a haircut in two weeks but looks like I’m getting one anyway
— toomajian, who keeps scheduling hair cuts during key matches
Aston Villa, Villarreal and now SeVilla bring on all the Villas we will smash you all
— Agent moyes
Ed: how do you even keep playing after being on the receiving end of [what Firmino did to Soldado]
PHLReds: he didn’t
MY 83 year old mother called and left a message... "What a game!!... they played a completely different style than the first one... the first one they were sooo careful they couldn’t DO anything... and in this one they were soooo aggressive!!! It was wonderful to watch!! I am soooo thrilled for them!!" Yep... Mom has it pretty much spot on...
It’s ok. Against Dortmund, it ain’t over til it’s over…
Ed: wow Liverpool supporters in overly needy and histrionic online complaint shocker
Elizabeth: where were you when I needed to come up with a headline
Ed: probably complaining on twitter about daniel sturridge not smiling enough
Considerate Passing: Learn from Atletico. They didn’t spend a lot on the goalkeeper position but had:
1. de Gea
Ken Mueller: we probably ought to buy atleti's gk coach
Only the neighbourhood dogs can hear how excited I am about this.
— Fowler Bless You, Mr. Rosewater
The complete absence of "Chilwell Angel" references here is disappointing.
I couldn’t find Margaret Aspinall on here.
— Cleveland Sasquatch
Let us pause for a moment to honor our toughest adversaries on this journey so far: FC Augsburg
Gif of the Week
- Welcome to any delurkers this week. Apologies if I missed anyone!
- campion broke down how much prize money Liverpool will earn as a result of their Europa League exploits.
- Geoff Twentyman hosted some discussion on players available on a free this summer.
- RedSugarSexMagic shared the Guardian's ineptitude index. You will be unhappy where Liverpool place in certain categories.
- Paul Benoit talked about three different types of fans.
- There's a Game of Thrones open thread for those of you who want spoilery discussion with your fellow Reds.
If it's not on this list, what was your favourite comment (not made by you!) this week?