There can be little question that the game deciding penalty call against Crystal Palace was controversial. But I want to know what the LFC Offside Community thinks about the call. Was it a dive? Was it a penalty? Can the answers to those questions be mutually exclusive?
Controversy is fun! Let's talk about it!
Some facts to consider before you respond:
- Player was moving at high pace, while pivoting left towards goal
- Contact was made with his left heel, which was his pivot foot, no contact with right foot
- Defender makes no contact with the ball
- The pitch was soaking wet
- The call was made by the side-judge who had a clear view