Bournemouth 4 Wilson 56’ (penalty), Fraser 76’, Cook 78’, Aké 90+3’ Liverpool 3 Mané 20’, Origi 22’, Can 64’
- Prematch Thought: Adam Lallana is starting on the bench this afternoon, which is great because he’s been sorely missed but not enough to risk breaking him a second time. Firmino is fit to start, though, and that’s a welcome sight.
- Oh god, are we really doing the toxic thunder kits again?
- Lucas at center back klaxon!
- Origi with the first big chance of the match but gets a bit tangled up and clearly doesn’t use the right foot.
- GOAL! Mané with the perfect, paciest little thing to put Liverpool ahead at 20’.
- ORIGI! Two minutes later, Origi adds a second from the right side while defying the laws of geometry. Beautiful.
- Another match where Liverpool are so in the faces of their opposition. Bournemouth literally doesn’t know what to do with them. Maybe it’s the radioactive kits.
- Halftime: About as tidy of a first half as Liverpool can ask for. Two goals in two minutes and Bournemouth are struggling to come up for air against the crashing waves that is Liverpool’s press.
- Jordon Ibe comes on for Josh King at the second half. He may have something to prove, but it remains to be seen if he’ll actually prove it.
- Yikes. James Milner with a less than stellar tackle and gives away a penalty. Karius’s time to shine and... Callum Wilson puts it away. Yikes yikes yikes.
- GOAL! Emre Can finishes as cool as he can after an assist from Mané (who has been outstanding) at 64’ to put the Reds up to 3.
- Adam Lallana comes on for Sadio Mané in 69’, with the latter limping off - hopefully nothing too serious, but another concern to be sure.
- Jordon Ibe has been absolutely quiet since he came on. So, nothing to prove, it appears.
- Things fall apart just briefly enough for Bournemouth to take advantage and Ryan Fraser strikes to make it 2 for the home side. Credit to him, he’s been a brilliant addition for them since coming on.
- And Steve Cook ties it all up at 78’. Payback for the Cherries.
- Five minutes of extra time at the end is just what they needed with Nathan Aké getting lucky after a mess.
- Final Whistle: A match we’ve all seen too often. Liverpool leading and then lose everything. What should’ve been an easy game to put away turned into a loss - the kind of which we haven’t had in quite some time. This does not feel good.
We'll be back shortly to take an in-depth look at everything that happened in today's game with the full recap. Until then, let us know your take on the ups and downs of the match in the comments, and if you haven't already, join the community on the Liverpool Offside, where we'll have full coverage and lively in-game discussion for every match this season.