Rec for picture of 2014 Lucas tackling 2008 Lucas
— nihil in moderato, on Lucas' sudden resemblance to Luca Modric
Tras: Now this one I can totally get behind
That absolutely hopeless attempt at a cross – the one he sent way into the stand – when he came on as a sub against Wimbledon, just about summed up his future with the club imo.
R2D_2: Destined for great heights?
gaksital: Hey BR, can you use that player that you paid 16 mil for instead of using the guys that are coming back from loan?
Just a question cuz I think that 16 mil player is probably better...
LiverRed: This logic shall not apply to the £20 mil defender.
Flan, Again. Delicious.
If Salvador Dalí sketched a portrait of Phillip Lahm, it would look like Jon Flanagan.
If the portrait sprinted off the paper and kicked the shit out of Antonio Valencia, it would be Jon Flanagan.
Jon Flanagan is the modern art fullback.
nihil in moderato: Does The Transfer Committee™ handle outgoing transfers as well, or does Rodgers hand Ayre a roster with smiley faces and frowney faces next to all the names?
Quicksloth: Delivered in the envelope of disappointment from Being: Liverpool
It has been a while but I'm blaming this on Downing
Remember that season where Downing was ‘servicable’ as part of a front 3? How much better would it had been if Suso had got those games? He couldn’t have contributed less than Downing, and a run of games would probably mean he would be a lot further along in his development and in the first team picture now. Definitely a wasted opportunity.
I’m sure Suso will blossom with a run of games and I think this is a move we will end up regretting.
Best of luck Suso. YNWA.
— Luis Suarez Dentist
Only 5 sub appearances
Needed to qualify for a league winners medal.
— smooth sailing
AJ: Well in, Noel. All of it. Every damn word.
Nerf: Dead to me.
Gif of the Week
- Total comments: 3677
- Total recs (lenient or otherwise): 4668
- Total green comments: 318
- Welcome to any delurkers I missed this week!
- ejbauer is going to learn to knit. Maybe you want to join him?
- Chief Ralphie the Red shared The Elements of Style: A Guide To Commenting.
- Adebayo Akinfenwa did a short interview about his career, in case you are now a fan of Wimbledon's biggest LFC fan.
- potluck wants to know how seriously you think Liverpool should take Europa League.
- Neb had some lengthy thoughts on footballing intelligence.
- Balotelli's Mowhawk wants to know about your favourite piece of LFC merch.
- Ken Mueller updated his list of player rankings.
- Chuck invites you to revisit your predictions from earlier in the season.
Feel like that's the most Fan Posts I've ever linked in this section. Thanks for contributing so much this week, everyone!
If it's not on this list, what was your favourite comment (not made by you!) this week?