The folks at Liverpool Tees were kind enough to extend an offer for some free stuff, and while they weren't willing to donate a lifetime's supply of free booze, they were open to passing along one of their custom t-shirts for those who want to participate in a brief competition. Most are familiar with the site because of the Support Suarez shirts worn by the squad ahead of their match with Fulham, which was linked to by more than a few commenters over the past few weeks and months. Now you've got a chance to win your choice of their t-shirts so long as you answer a few questions correctly after the jump.
With Brighton heading to Anfield on Sunday for the 5th round of the FA Cup, we've got five questions for you that have some sort of connection to the squads or the competition. To participate, just email your answers to email@example.com. We'll randomly select two winners, who will be notified and put in contact with the Liverpool Tees admins to claim their free shirt. Winners in the UK will likely be able to receive their shirts ahead of next weekend's League Cup final at Wembley, in which case the commemorative shirt might be a good option. Those outside the UK probably won't have a chance to get their shirt until after next Sunday's matchup with Cardiff, and can pick from those already mentioned or anything else on offer. Unless you can't, in which case you'll be told so.
We'll be fielding submissions until 8:30PM GMT/3:30PM EST, at which point we'll pick the winners and let them know. We're hoping to have something similar on offer down the road, so if you're not one of the winners this time, keep your eyes peeled for another chance. Thanks again to Liverpool Tees for the offer, and good luck to those who participate.
1) In the 1907-1908 season, Liverpool and Brighton drew 1-1 in the 2nd round of the FA Cup, with the Reds winning the replay 3-0. Who were the two Liverpool players responsible for Liverpool's four goals?
2) Two former Liverpool men were involved on the Brighton side when they beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield in the 1982-1983 season. Who were they?
3) A year later Brighton knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup again, this time with a 2-0 victory at the Goldstone Ground in the 1983-1984 season. Who is the other club to have put Liverpool out of the competition in two straight seasons?
4) How many times have the two sides met in all competitions, and what's the overall record?
5) When Liverpool last won the FA Cup in the 2005-2006 season, they faced Manchester United in the 5th round and won 1-0 on a Peter Crouch header. Name the players involved that day that are still with their respective clubs.
As a reminder, send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:30PM GMT/3:30PM EST. I'll be back at that point with the Friday/Saturday news and notes ahead of the preview for Sunday's match at Anfield, so in the meantime you can submit your responses and hope that Liverpool Tees start making sweaters too.