* I guess the chaos over at Real Betis has been resolved because it looks as if Mark Gonzales' deal to head there will be finalized within the week. After narrowly avoiding relegation, they brought in Héctor Raúl Cúper from Mallorca to revive the club. I have mixed feelings about Gonzo. Was he given enough time to adapt to the Premiership style of play? I don't know, but he certainly never seemed comfortable in a Liverpool kit. There's no denying his pace and I think he was pretty good defensively, but he never showed any sort of creativity and threw away the ball way too often. Anyhow, I'd take Harry Kewell on the left over him any day and it looks like Babel will be better as well. Good luck Gonzo, you were made for La Liga anyhow and at least I won't have to hear an earful from other fans about you anymore.
* According to this article, we are now in formal talks with Man City over Michael Johnson. Another midfielder. Awesome. Welcome to the Reserves, Michael, pull up a chair, you'll be there a while. He can play left-mid though and with King Harry over there, you never know. Maybe Rafa is looking to play Babel forward with Johnson to cover.
* We probably won't see Masche on the pitch until August 5th, when we play Feyenoord in a friendly. Good, he needs some time off, and if Momo continues to play like he did against Werder Bremen, we won't need our other World Class midfielder until the season starts.
* Apparently we're trying to 'hijack' Leeds United midfielder Danny Rose's transfer to Tottenham. This is the same 'Broadway' Danny Rose that Mickey Mouse FC (a.k.a. FC Fulham a.k.a. Chelsea FC) were 'fined' for tapping-up over. Another midfielder. Wicked awesome. We've actually been after this kid for a while, so the Spurs are making much ado about nothing.
* Finally, it now looks as if Robbie Fowler will be heading to Cardiff City instead of Australia. I'm sure the Mrs. had nothing to do with that.