* If only David Trezeguet was good enough for people to care. He's like the middle son who mom and dad constantly overlook and essentially forget about. The 29-year-old French striker, who spent last season helping Juventus conquer the impossible heights of Serie B, claims that Man U and Liverpool were after him. Yeah, I'm sure Rafa was begging for your services, David. A phone call was probably made inquiring about his services, but let's face reality for a second, he's not an upgrade to what we already have and he's definitely not world class.
* Continuing the youth movement, we've signed a second youngster in the last two days by adding Mikel San Jose from Athletic Balboa. I attempted to do some research on the 18-year-old but came up empty. Apparently he's good (how's that for insight?). Any feedback on him would be greatly appreciated.
* Apparently, Leighton Baines is happy at Wigan, and henceforth, will not be joining Liverpool this offseason. I think we gave up on him a while back anyhow.
* If we do sign Torres, Middlesborough plans on making a bid for Crouch. Unfortunately, I don't think Crouchy is for sale. How about a Cisse or a Bellamy? Both come with the 'bad boy' package included.
* Mascherano has again reiterated his desire for his buddy Tevez to join him at Liverpool. We can all dream Javier. Apparently though, Masche would never dare ask Benitez to even consider signing his best mate, but if Rafa asked him his opinion, he would gladly give it. I didn't realize how humble he was, but then again, you don't get to his level wasting time and energy on things that are out of your control.
* I guess we sort of received the answer to why we signed Bulgarian keeper Nikolay Mihaylov yesterday, apparently David Martin is in talks to move to Hartlepool United. I'm not sure if this is another loan deal or a transfer, but if I were Martin, I'd probably want to leave as well, though I was sure he would be our number one on the reserves this upcoming season.