* Rafa Benitez has revealed that Harry Kewell will have a shot at making the squad in Athens. Thank God. I haven't been the biggest Kewell supporter in the past, but he's head and shoulders above our other options for left wing. If I have to watch Bolo Zenden and Gonzo turn over the ball a million times again, especially with CL Final nerves, I might die of a stroke. King Harry was solid last week versus Fulham, nearly equalizing late with a shot from the top of the box, and also played well in the reserves match against Everton, where he got an assist on the third goal. Kewell will also be looking to redeem himself after a lackluster performance in the 2005 final where he was taken off for Vladimir Smicer 23 minutes in, after suffering an apparent groin injury.
* The Liverpool ladies squad have won the Premier League Northern Division with two games to spare after dismantling Wolves 5-0 on Sunday. They will compete in the first division next year. I have to say, other than being pretty good about football, some of them are also quite attractive, especially Jade Thomas and Hannah Williams.
* Jerzy Dudek has faced reality about his ability diminishing with age. He realizes he's no longer at the level to be our everyday keeper. I'm glad he's going out on a positive note and I hope he's fit enough to start Saturday at Anfield against Charlton because it looks like Reina will not.
* Pepe Reina has balls. On and off the field. Despite being burgled (I'm in love with that word) during the semifinal match with Chelsea, he still loves Liverpool. Unfortunately, in the loss to Fulham, he may have been injured. He goes for a scan today to see if there was no serious injury to his shoulder after a collision with Brian McBride. I don't really see him missing the CL Final unless he's completely unable to move his arm. I don't think I would mind Dudek versus AC Milan again, only because neither Shevchenko nor Crespo will be there.
* Finally, Peter Crouch's really hot girlfriend, Abigail Clancy (pictured above), has come out and put a squash to all the lies published about her over the last year or so. 'First, there are the drug-taking rumours that led to her apparent dumping by footballer boyfriend Peter Crouch, then there’s the supposed boob job, the bling WAG lifestyle, and the insulting of Victoria Beckham.' 'As a result, the model and rising face-off-the-telly uses the words ‘It’s not true’, ‘I never said that’ and, ‘I never said that either’ more frequently than your average celebrity interviewee.' You go girl!