* First it was Eto'o and now, David Villa has confessed his crush for our club. It might not matter how many times he tries to verbally seduce us, his club values him at £70m. Ah, the ole 'here's what he costs, but for you, we'll give you a deal' move. I don't see us paying more than £25m for anyone this summer, but is Villa even worth that? His goal production is down considerably this year and he turns 26 in December. I haven't seen enough of him to really evaluate whether his style is compatible with us or the Premiership. £70m? Ha. No. £25m? Eh. £18m? Sounds about right, but I'd still prefer Eto'o.
* Thank God, Lampard came out and said that he and Chelsea were not out for revenge. Whew. I was really worried about that.
* Mourinho is already up to his mind games or excuses, depending on how you look at it. We still have a game to play fellas, can't you guys at least wait until we've advanced to start the war of words. My favorite is: "We have players suspended and on yellow cards and Liverpool is in a very clean situation so I think they start in front of us." Why is he covering his ass, if he doesn't think he'll be back anyhow?
* It looks as if Harry Kewell will not be playing today, but there's a good chance he'll be returning Saturday at Man City. Can't wait to see how he does.
* The Reserves won 2-0 over Sheffield United to make it four wins in their last five, which is pretty impressive considering how many players we've sent out on loan recently. The Jamaican striker, Reneil Sappleton, scored one of the goals. Captain Jack Hobbs scored the other and was apparently quite exemplary. Another player who apparently stood out was Jay Spearing, so much so that he was singled-out by Gary Ablett.
* Finally, a couple of PSV players have had some things to say. The veteran Patrick Kluivert thinks Liverpool can go all the way. While Farfan is looking to score and Kone will be back to assist him. I suspect they'll attack, attack, and attack some more, but I also suspect they'll be running into Agger, Carra, Masch, and Momo, quite a bit trying.