So Lallana is batman?
— nihil in moderato, on Lallana's curiously shaped Opta stats
I would have liked Liverpool to have signed Joe Cole
Not as a player – of course. But as a transfer negotiator.
Injury prone and his legs went 5 years ago. He waddles around the field like a taller Tyrion and could barely motivate himself on the 100K a year at Liverpool.
And yet somehow he continues to trick and convince managers and clubs to pay him a fortune in the mistaken belief that he can rediscover the form of 5 years and about 2 million burgers ago. Not since Michael Owen has there been a “player” who has managed to drag out his wages and career for so long despite it been plainly obvious that his legs have gone years ago.
— Luis Suarez Dentist
UGH WHY IS THIS SOLID GOOD TEAM MANAGED BY A OWL FACE?
- Have a team with pace = DON’T MAKE SPACE FOR THEM WITH RUNS AND PRESSING.
- Focus on counter attack = DON’T MOVE THE BALL UP THE PITCH FAST ENOUGH CAUSE YOU HAVE PLAYERS WHO SLOW THE GAME DOWN
- Have a player who relies on increasingly rare magic moments and doesn’t do anything else, Rooney = DON’T TAKE HIM THE FUCK OFF
- Have a player who started to gel with Sterling and Sturridge = DON’T TAKE OFF ROONEY BUT TAKE OFF WELBECK
- Have possibly one of the best athletes in the competition with solid solid passing skills, Henderson = RESTRICT HIM TO STAYING ALONGSIDE GERRARD AT ALL TIMES. DON’T LET HIM PLAY TO HIS STRENGTHS. DON’T LET HIM RUN. DON’T LET HIM MAKE SPACE. DON’T LET HIM PRESS.
And then the kicker;
- EVERYONE DYING FROM THE HEAT AND CRAMPS = TAKE OFF YOUR BEST ATHLETE WHO WASN’T EVEN BEGINNING TO FUCKING TIRE.
I’m so over Hodgson doing everything to try and fit this team around Rooney. Ugh, Italy were good but England have the quality to beat them. An LFC side could have beat them. Pace could beat them. WHY AREN’T YOU MAXIMISING THAT??????
— janeytee, who feels Roy Hodgson may not be the best fit for England
The look on Henderson's face as he was brought off.
I mean it says it all really.
YOU DONT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STOP HENDERSON FROM PLAYING THE FULL 90 PLUS INJURY TIME.
YOU DONT DO IT!
Poor bloke looked like he was going to run the streets of Brazil just to make sure he ran the required distance targets he sets for himself.
So how much do we owe Bournemouth for this one?
So for £150,000,000.01 it's a done deal?
To me, a season remaining in the top four and making it out of the group stages in the CL could still be considered a success and a step in the right direction by maintaining a level of competence.
I don’t think we overachieved this last season, but I think if we played at the same level next season and we get a few more breaks go against us we could end up finishing fourth and nowhere near the title. To me an outcome like this shouldn’t be considered a step back or failure
— usmc reds
You know what, this is going to keep happening if we continue to develop and sign good, young players. Eventually, guys who are close to the make-or-break points (be them age or contract based) are going to want guaranteed minutes, and in many cases we won’t be able to provide them. If Suso goes, the message is absolutely clear: Liverpool has a new standard now, and it’s going to take something special to break into the regular rotation.
- Total commenters: 152
- Total comments: 3345
- Total recs (lenient or otherwise): 2518
- Total green comments: 160
If it's not on this list, what was your favourite comment (not made by you!) this week?