Slightly different type of open thread today, and one that might grow into two depending on the demand. The club's decision to hold a charity match is a terrific idea; momentum has gained in the fight for justice over the past few years, and the 25th anniversary comes in the midst of unparalleled progress in the continued effort to correct a perverse and wildly incorrect narrative that took hold by virtue of lies, ignorance, and contempt.
So today provides a different type of occasion for both reflection and enjoyment, and you can follow the match--which will include Kenny Dalglish and Gerard Houllier as managers and Gary McAllister, Ian Rush, John Barnes, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Didi Hamann, Jan Molby, Luis Garcia, Sami Hyypia, and Vladimir Smicer on the pitch--on BT Sport in the UK and LFCTV GO for subscribers. The match kicks off at 2:00PM BST/9:00AM EST, and it'll hopefully provide something of a lift after an emotionally laden few weeks for Liverpool.
There's a chance we'll split off for another open thread for the West Brom v. Mancester City match later on in the day, so keep an eye on things throughout.
Always remembered. Never forgotten. Justice for the 96.
- Sterling Keeps Focus on Chelsea in Face of Growing Adulation
- In Midst of Title Run, Gerrard "Happy As I've Ever Been"
- The Week in Comments: "I hope Suarez treats Norwich like Norwich"
- Liverpool Secure Champions League Qualification: "We've Cemented the First Objective"
- Norwich City 2, Liverpool 3: Breathing Room